Products & Solutions
Hydril GK® Annular BOP
Redefining “Field Proven” for 50+ Years
The GK annular defines the phrase, “field proven,” having demonstrated its world-class dependability and quality for over 50 years. It is designed specifically to make maintenance easy and to lengthen the intervals between packing unit changes and shop repairs. In addition:
- The Hydril packing unit for the GK can hold full rated working pressure and will close on an open hole.
- The GK produces extra uptime when compared to competing units.
- A replaceable wear plate eliminates metal-to-metal contact between the packing unit inserts and the BOP head.
- A long piston design provides complete balance, more reliable operation and ease of assembly.
- The GK is offered with a screwed head or latched head design.
- A bolted-in inner sleeve eliminates the need to stress-relieve if the sleeve is damaged in the field.
- The compact design of the GK fits rigs with small substructures.
- The GK is available with minimal lead times.
Selected Engineering Data*
GK Annular BOP
|Bore Size (inches)||7-1/16||7-1/16||7-1/16||7-1/16||7-1/16|
|Working pressure (psi)||3000||5000||10000||15000||20000|
|Shell Test Pressure (psi) (Factory Test Only)||6000||10000||15000||22500||30000|
|Bore Size (inches)||9||9||11||11||11|
|Working pressure (psi)||3000||5000||3000||5000||10000|
|Shell Test Pressure (psi) (Factory Test Only)||6000||10000||6000||10000||15000|
|Bore Size (inches)||11||13-5/8||13-5/8||13-5/8||13-5/8|
|Working pressure (psi)||10000||3000||3000||5000||5000|
|Shell Test Pressure (psi) (Factory Test Only)||15000||6000||6000||10000||10000|
|Bore Size (inches)||13-5/8||13-5/8||16-3/4||16-3/4|
|Working pressure (psi)||10000||10000||5000||10000|
|Shell Test Pressure (psi) (Factory Test Only)||15000||15000||10000||15000|
- Carbon steel, stainless steel, and Inconel® 625, are options for the ring grooves.
- SermaGuard™ coating on all internal surfaces.
- Packing units available with nitrile or natural compounds.