Products & Solutions
Hydril WT™ Drill Pipe Tool Joint
Available in Sizes from 2-3/8" to 6-5/8"
The WT tool joint proved that high-torque drill pipe could have a large ID and small OD. In smaller diameters, the connection virtually eliminated overtorque failures that previously caused strings to part.
- Wherever hydraulic efficiency adds value
- Highly deviated, extended-reach and horizontal applications
- Exceptional torque strength—without the use of a torque shoulder—is independent of the tool joint OD
- Retains full torque and tension down to bevel diameter
- Wear indicators provided at separation of the box face and on the pin shoulder
- Two-step, tapered thread stabs deep and makes up easily
- Stress-reduction grooves minimize effects of over-doping
- Pipe body sealing capability for internal and external pressure comes from thread and lubricant
- Damaged threads can be field-repaired
- Retains sealing performance under high axial, bending loads